Tuesday, May 20, 2014

When in doubt scraplift yourself | Technique Tuesday

Hello crafters and happy Tuesday. What do you do when inspiration takes a nose dive and your assignments start to pile up? We all go though periods when our creativity takes a nose dive. One of my simplest tricks to combat the creative blues is scraplifting myself. Scraplifting can come in many forms. It can be topic based, designed based, technique based and even color based. Today's layout is both topic and design based scraplifting. 

My original layout was called Timbers and was featured in the spring issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today. This layout is a basic grid formula which I think is timeless. While I reach for the grid formula often it's not often when 2 of my layouts look so similar. There are slight differences between the 2 projects but they are not huge. Not only did I use the grid formula, I scrapbooked the same topic and intermixed my grid design with patterned papers and stamped elements.




(Supplies Used: Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned Paper Bo Bunny/American Crafts/Bella Blvd/KI Memories/Echo Park, My Minds Eye Enamel Dots, Stamps Technique Tuesday, Black Ink VersaFine, Digital Cutting Files Technique Tuesday, Arrow Embellishment Studio Calico, Alpha Stickers Basic Grey, Corner Rounder We R Memory Keepers, Stick Pins, Clothes Pin, Circle Metal Dies Technique Tuesday and Veteran Typewriter)





All the photos on this layout were taken with my iphone. I love how taking photos with my phone has brought the spontaneity back to my photos. These photos tell a great story I wouldn't have gotten otherwise but I can't get away with blowing the photos up too big. Add this to the list of using the grid formula to scrapbook this story. It just makes sense when using square Instagram photos you have taken on your phone.

Thanks for stopping by today. Happy Crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment