Thursday, May 8, 2014

Confessions of a Mist-a-phobe

Happy Thursday crafters I have never been much into mist it just doesn't always translate well with my clean and simple style. Let's be honest it's messy and I am not a messy crafter. It's not that I don't like misting it's more that I cannot control it. I think this kind of runs along the same line as my stamping phobia. Both techniques are messy and the idea of doing either directly on a layout is intimidating. But if you look at my last couple of projects you might notice I have decided to play a bit. I admit I often test my misting or just do droplets on scraps of paper to see if the final effect is going to gel with my design.

I created this mini placemat inspired card for Jillibean Soup. I really love the white on white look of this card but I thought it needed something to break up the background just a bit. A little mist was just the right thing this card needed for depth.


 (Supplies Used: My Favorite Things white cardstock, Jillibean Soup Alphas/Patterned Paper/Stampable Wood Flag/Corrugated Red Paper/Mini Placemat, Wood Veneer Stars Studio Calico, Hemp Twine, and Maya Road Mist)


I admit I misted the white paper twice because I wasn't happy with the placement of the drops and over spray on my first attempt. I love how the little bit of color allow for flow and movement on the stagnent white paper. I think this why I added mist to yesterday's layout as well. I kind of like how it spices up the look of plain cardstock without overpowering the other elements of the project. Keep your eyes peeled for me to keep playing with mist I am kind of inspired with all the possibilities this technique offers.

Happy crafting!



2 comments:

  1. Love it Summer! I'm the same just learning how to use them. Right now I'm more into collecting them than really using them BUT I'm trying! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Summer! I also have a huge phobia! :)

    ReplyDelete