Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Birthday | Jillibean Soup

Good morning crafters and happy Monday. I am still riding the wave of the excitement over my new blog. I really hope you love the new look as much as I do. I was always so hesitant of switching away from Typepad because it sounded like a hassle and now I cannot understand why I didn't do it sooner. Because I didn't post much last month I have a lot to catch up on ... so let's start with a layout featuring Jillibean Soup.

This layout shows off my obsession with circles. I cannot escape the circles they are such a great way to showcase embellishments. Circles allow me to escape my linear tendencies. On this layout I was able to pair the straight lines from my photo placement with the movement from the circles. These days this seems to me my happy "design" place.


 (Supplies Used: Bazzill Cardstock, Jillibean Soup Patterned Papers/Die Cuts/Wood Sprinkles/Flash Cards/Stickers/Mini Placemats/Wooden Nickles/Thin Chip Alphas/Stamps, Wood Veneer Shape Studio Calico, cork arrow Fancy Pants, Technique Tuesday Circle Metal dies, Hemp Twine, Ink Memento Luxe, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Corner Rounder, Silhouette Cutting System and font Veteran Typewriter)

I thought you might like to see some close ups of this project. I use the circle metal dies to create a pattern and then I work with the negative space by placing the patterned papers behind the openings. Then I added various elements like stickers, die cuts, wooden sprinkles and so on. 




Thanks for joining me today. Rain or shine I think it's going to be a glorious week. Happy scrapping friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment