Monday, December 13, 2010

Tuesday's Tip ... a new twist on FabRips

Tuesday's tip of the day is brought to you by the December Midnight Rooster kit. My kit contained a full package Documentary RabRips from Studio Calico. At frist I pulled off a couple of fabric strips but I wasn't feeling it - I was left staring at a partial sheet of the FabRips and then it hit me...


SFdec5 


(Supplies Used: Cardstock Bazzill, Patterned Paper Cosmo Cricket/Basic Grey, Buttons 7 Gypsies, I-Topper, misc Floss & circle punch, Fiskars Border Punch, Quickutz Studio Alpha and font Traveling Typewriter downloaded from the internet)


 
SFdec5a 
Fabric-Strips-Tip 


What I discovered is that the FabRib sheet easily punched. Rather than use the strips as intended I decided why not use my Quickutz and make my title from the adhesive fabric. Then I took the idea one step further and made 2 custom covered I-Topper brads. On the larger custom brad I pieced together a few sections of the FabRib.


On a crafting side note I can now cross off a few items from creative bucket list.



  • Work with over-sized photos

  • Play with my I-Topper


Thanks for stopping by today ... I am working on another covered notebook to share with you. I hope to have this up for you by the end of the week with steps on how you can make your own notebook.


BLOG signature 


 



2 comments:

  1. What a clever idea. I've also torn strips off only to decide I didn't like them on the layout like they were. Very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very clever. Could you explain sometime how you do your journaling - how you get it lined up so well on your layouts and what you use?

    ReplyDelete