Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vintage Halloween goodies from Creative Charms

I know you are thinking Halloween ... really? Well if Target can put out Halloween costumes and candy then I can post a Halloween project. This layout features some brand new vintage goodies from Creative Charms.


Its-a-50s-halloween Its-a-50s-halloween-01 Its-a-50s-halloween-detail-
(Supplies Used: Cardstock Bazzill, Patterned Paper Pink Paislee, Sticker Alphas from Basic Grey, Corrugated Alphas from Jillibean Soup, punches from EK Success, Buttons from Fancy Pants, Felt trim Martha Stewart, rhinestones/crochet flowers/vintage Halloween elements from Creative Charms, DMC Embroidery Floss, font Arial Narrow downloaded from the internet)


I created the larger scalloped edges by folding punched circles in half then sewing them down. I am in a rut with my scallops I really am addicted to them. I thought to vary them up by making them larger and hanging them off the page. I really love the look so I suspect you will be seeing a lot on my work in the near future. 


So tomorrow morning I am heading off to Scrapfest in Minnesota. I am meeting up with Kimber for a book signing for Remember This which came out in June 2010. Kimber will also be doing signings for her other 2 books: Scrapbook Secrets and 175 Fresh Card Ideas.


Have a happy day and I'll see you when I get back from Minnesota :)


BLOG signature



4 comments:

  1. i loved, loved, loved seeing you, sweet friend!!! we have to figure out how to make it happen more often! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore those larger scallopes and that CUTE costume! It was fun hanging out with you at the show. You are a fun gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is an adorable layout! i love that even though your daughter is wearing pink, and more girly ... you still made this layout very halloween-ey. i tend to never use my halloween products, since the girls are never in traditional halloween colors.

    ReplyDelete