Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tueday Tips - Cell Phone Photos

Have you ever found yourself out and about without your camera. I can't always carry my big ole Canon about. I often think I should buy a point and shoot and throw it in my purse but let's face it I'd rather buy a new pair of shoes than another camera. Awhile backI noticed I had accumulated quite a few photos on my cell phone that I thought would be fun to scrapbook. The photo quality isn't great but scrapbooking is more than just beautiful photos on a layout it's about recording memories. And truthfully with photo editing software you can do a lot to make a bad photo look pretty good. So I downloaded a mass of photos from my phone and tweaked them in PSE 7.


I decided the photos from my phone would make a great summary page of our summer's activities. Check out the results of my handy work ...


Cell-phone-photos-JBS-oct


(Supplies Used: Cardstock Bazzill, kraft paper Jillibean Soup, Patterned Paper Jillibean Soup, Ribbon Jillibean Soup, Corrugated Alphas Jillibean Soup, Flowers Jillibean Soup, Basic Grey chipboard alphas, Doodlebug white alpha stickers, pearl brads American Crafts, chipboard camera American Crafts, paint Making Memories and DMC Floss) 


Photo Tips: When working with lower resolution photos I recommend turning your photos black and white. While I didn't go this route with these photos I ran a light Vingette filter over them this give them a white washed summer distressed look. Filters/Actions can hide flaws,such as noise, distortions and blurriness in photos.  Also think small, the larger the photo the more you are apt to see it's flaw - playing with a smaller size will also allow for more photos per page.


Alright go download the photos from your cell phone and get scrappin'.


BLOG signature







4 comments:

  1. Love this idea of incorporating all of those random cell phone pics into one LO!! TFS -Sarah M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo clever! Love the lo! I need to figure out how to download my phone pictures to my pc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Summer, this is fabulous! What a wonderful idea! Great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute idea for a layout! love it!

    ReplyDelete