Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Altered Frame Made Simple | Jillibean Soup

Morning crafters today I am showing off a super simple altered frame idea from Jillibean Soup. I made this project from a frame I found just sitting in my garage. To start off throw away the glass for your frame this allows for a more dimensional embellishments to be used. Then since I like the contrast of a black frame I spray painted this one with matte finish black paint. Next measure a piece of white cardstock to fit the frame and sew randome lines into the background for a little tone on tone texture.


JBS-spicysocial-frame


(Supplies Used: Frame, Bazzill Cardstock, Jillibean Soup patterned papers/Die Cuts/Stickers/Wood Sprinkles, Hemp Twine, and Paper Smooches Pennant Die)


JBS-spicysocial-frame01


A little close up view shows off the stitched background much better. Also note I used a pennant die however the length of the shape was much bigger than I desired so I cut out my shapes then trimmed them down to a length that fit my frame.


JBS-spicysocial-frame02


Thanks for joining me today and happy crafting!


Summer signature




1 comment: