Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dreaming of Mexico

Hey Michele would you please stop taunting me on Facebook with photos of you and the family in Akumal. Oh how I wish we were sitting right next to you on the beach, waking up at all hours to see the turtles, eating fish tacos and having a grand old time.


So if I can't be there I guess I should start scrapbooking some of the hundreds of photos I took 2 years ago. I have just a couple of projects completed with a fraction of my photos. These photos were taken at this great outdoor restaurant under a giant palapa right on the beach. This layout was from the summer issue of Scrapbooking & Cards Today.


Fanta-fun


(Supplies Used: Cardstock from Bazzill, Patterned Paper Pink Paislee, DieCuts Pink Paislee, Stamp Technique Tuesday, Spellbinders Banner Die, Corrugated Shape Jillibean Soup, Tag DieCuts Jillibean Soup, Tag Punch Martha Stewart, Bakers Twine Jillibean Soup, Making Memories Paint, Rhinestones Doodlebug, misc corner rounder, misc alpha title Jillibean Soup/basic Grey/Girls Paperie/Scenic Route/Chatterbox/Making Memories/Little Davis Designs and font Arial Narrow)


I have a drawer full of leftover alphas I just can't seem to part with no matter how old the they are. Here's a little peek at how I created my mixed up title on the layout shown above. I like to first start by pulling out all the letters I might need. Then I play around until I get a great balance of letters. Then I applied a top coat of spray paint to the letters before I painted the letters their final color orange.


Fanta-Fun-progression


I know you have tons of left over letters just waiting to be used. Don't throw them out instead mix them up, paint them and they will be right at home on your next layout. 


Happy Crafting


BLOG signature


 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment