Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Tuesday Tutorial is back

I was thinking it was about time for my little weekly tutorials to make a come back. Getting back on track here might be a bit of a slow process while we are still in the midst of summer vacation fun. Later in the month I won't be around much I have a few small trips planned all right in a row. Baby Steps ...


Today I have a layout I did last week for Creative Charms. Besides the flowers and stick pins which I will get to later in this post this layout is a fun mix of random patterned papers that make me happy. It's fun to just dig right in all pull out papers i bought because something just called to me.


Blues Blues-Detail-01


Blues-Detail-02


(Supplies Used: Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned Paper Lily Bee/Cosmo Cricket/Creative Imaginations/October Afternoon, Alphas from Jillibean Soup/October Afternoon, Fiskars Punches, Creative Charms Vintage Pink Brads/Gradient Pink Brads/Black self adhesive Pearls, Font Bohemian Typewriter downloaded from the internet)


Yup if you are wondering you are seeing the brand spanking new Jillibean Soup Blue Corrugated Alphas on my layout. There are just a few benefits to busting your BOOTY for 5 days for the BIG BEAN and one of those is getting my hands on the new releases.


The first tutorial I have for you today is making your own stick pins with Vintage Brads from Creative Charms (1) This works easiest with these round flat top stick pins from JoAnn's (2) Snip off a bit of the excess back of the brads (3) Use some glue dots to adhere the stick pin inside the back of the brad then wrap the back of the brad around the back of the pin tap down with a small hammer if necessary (4) Viola vintage stick pins that make me happy.
 Stick-Pin-Tutorial


The second idea I have for you today is dressed up rosette flowers. Paper flowers have been a hot item think about dressing yours up with a little pop and sparkle. (1) Punch circles from patterned paper any size will do mine are 1 1/2 inches (2) Spiral cut the circles (3) & (4) roll from the outside in (5) Put a large glue dot in the center of your rolled up spiral circle, let your circle unroll just a bit and press into the glue dot (6) Viola a paper flower rosette just waiting to be dressed up with some Gradient Gem Brads in the center.


Paper-Flower-Tutorial


Thanks for joining me today. I have a full plate of scrappy things to do over the next 2 weeks so I for-see myself buried up to my neck in paper. Happy Scrapping :)


 BLOG signature



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! Love the curved title the mostest. Thanks for the tutorial. Fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally loving your layout and your tutorial - your little girl is growing up!

    ReplyDelete