Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy NSD!!!

 
To all my crafting friends out there Happy National Scrapbook Day. Sorry I have been missing lately. The daily grind has been a bit overwhelming so I apparently decided to plug my ears and hummm I can't hear you.


To celebrate I put together a layout based off one of Becky Flecks sketches that appreared in the summer 2010 issue of Scrapbooking & Cards Today.


 Little-surprises


(Supplies Used: Bazzill Cardstock, Pink Paislee patterned paper, corrugated shaped Jillibean Soup, Making Memories paint, Techinique Tuesday stamp, Ancient Page ink, Fancy Pants buttons, decorative brad from Crate paper, Doodlebug bling, stick pins from JoAnn's/Websters Pages, chipboard accent Bella Blvd, misc twine and corner rounder, Silhouette Cutting system and font Traveling Typewriter downloaded from the internet)



This is based off a sketch from page 45 of issue 18. Sorry I had a few problems trying to copy the image to show you. I made a few adjustmentes to the original sketch, mainly I swapped out a few of the flowers and added more photos.


To make the stick pin butter flies simply use some flat head stick pins and your favorite die cut. I really like the corrugated shapes from Jillibean so the butterflies were a no brainer for me.


Stick-pin-01 


Attach the stick pin to the shape with Glue dots, if you want to use chipboard you might want to use a hot glue gun to adhere the shape to the pin.
Stick-pin-02 


Top of your shape with a little something special like adhesive rhinestones or stickles.


Stick-pin-04 


Viola!


Stick-pin-05-layout-close-u 

My good friends at Scrapbooking and Cards Today are also announcing ...


C&C_announcement_banner_email 



Happy Crafting!!!


Summer
 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment