Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Die-cutting Fabric 101

Remember this layout I posted awhile back. I am not sure if it's clear from this image but the title is made from fabric.


SFFeb5 


Title-tip 


By running fabric through a Xyron Create-A-Sticker machine loaded with permanent adhesive the fabric is given weight and it not only will hold up to die-cutting but it's also self adhesive ... bonus. Simply cut your favorite fabric to fit the size machine you have. I like to run a Popsicle stick across the fabric to remove any air bubbles before die-cutting. I then cut my title with my Quickutz Studio alpha. I would suggest going for larger images they will hold up better to manhandling. To pull the backing off the alphas I used my paper piercer. Although I have yet to try it I bet you could also run reinforced fabric through a Cuttlebug/Big Shot or any other crank die-cutting tools.


It's ideas like this that make me want to run out and buy a bunch more dies for my Cuttlebug and I need that like a need a hole in my head.


Happy Crafting


BLOG signature 






2 comments:

  1. okay, that title is CRACKING me up! Thanks for the how to on cutting fabric--genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I never thought about the Xyron thing, that's a good tip... may just have to buy one now ;) I have put all kinds of fabric through the Cuttlebug just on it's own and it cuts great.

    ReplyDelete