Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Everyone needs a little sparkle in their life

Happy Wednesday crafters! I love a little sparkle it just brightens up everything so I recently took some of my favorite Jillibean Soup alphas and added glitter. This was the result ...


I stared with a neutral colored Jillibean Soup alpha. I ran the alphas face down though a Xyron Sticker maker. This makes adheing the glitter to the front of the alphas a snap. 



Once the alphas are covered with glitter I sealed them with Crystal Lacquer. Crystal Lacquer is very similar to Diamond Glaze. This step helps hold the glitter in place but isn't necessary.


This is how my glittered alphas look on my layout. 

(Supplies Used: Cardstock Bazzill, Jillibean Soup Alpha Stickers /Patterned Paper/Tag/Glitter/Kraft Accessories/Diecuts/File Cards/Clothespin, Twine and Tiny Attacher)




You know that saying there is more than one way to skin a cat. This applies to to glittering alphas as well. While I prefer the Xyron sticker maker method you can achieve this same look from any number of simpler techniques. 

Thanks for stopping by today and happy crafting! 



1 comment: